Sunday, December 7, 2008

Worn out

This post is not as much about me today as it is about my Mom. She is already looking rather Mom like, and it's only been 6 days. I have yet to hear the sound of a blow dryer since I moved into my new house and my Mom's hair that I used to play with when she came to visit me at Cradle of Love is no longer down and able to play with, but perpetually up in a pony tail. I saw her put some makeup on for a work meeting that she went to on Friday, but I haven't seen so much as a touch of lip gloss since then. And, someone might need to give her some fashion lessons....I haven't known her for long, but the last 6 days....she doesn't really match. She just seems to pull whatever is on top out of her drawer and through it on. hmmmm.....

She is tired. I am hoping that she learns how to juggle life with me with a presentable look so I don't have to become embarrassed by my Mother. And, she may need to figure out how to take time out to get to the gym during the week! Someone out there....give her some tips!













In other news....we played outside this afternoon. Mommy brought out my toys, and we played. Twiga was mostly disgusted with both of us and laid in the dirt to cool off.

2 comments:

bradi said...

Aw, now you look like a mom:tired! My advice is sleep when he sleeps. Don't try to clean something or cook something. Just sleep. It helps. On the upside, you look great with no make up so don't sweat it. The best thing about motherhood (besides the adorable children) is you learn to separate the need from the want. Only do what needs to be done. The rest will come later or doesn't matter. Keep up the good work! You two look very happy together. That's what is important!

vanpeltium said...

Hi Kirsti, I couldn't help but chuckle at this post. Just so you know, it was about 10:30 yesterday when I realized I hadn't looked in a mirror yet, after I had already taken Logan to school and talked to a half dozen people...I was thankful that my clothes were not on inside out though, I've had that happen recently too. It's a mom thing :)Hang in there...Aki loves you regardless of lucious locks or flawless face.