Friday, December 5, 2008

Fridays....


Fridays are nice because my Mom only has to go to work a half day and so can spend the other half day with me. Usually, there is a baby group that meets on Friday afternoon full of my Mom's friends and there baby's. Sometimes she jokes that that is why she decided to pick me up....so they would finally invite her to be a part of friday afternoon baby group. But, I know the truth....I'm way too much trouble just for a friday afternoon....I know she REALLY wanted me and knows I'm worth all the trouble. (and actually, I'm not really much trouble at all).

Well, my Mom was very glad to have half a day off today, because she is not very happy with the current nanny that I have and doesn't feel very comfortable leaving me with her. Her name is Kesia and she is nice enough (though my Mom is about 95% certain that she stole $1100 dollars from her when she first arrived in Tanzania). Anyway....I like her. She really doesn't understand anything that my Mom says to her....she just sort of laughs and says yes...and then something completely different. But, that means that she mostly carries me around and cuddles me. My Mom tells her things like, "Don't coddle him.....put him on the floor and have him struggle to stand on his own....you've got to let him try on his own". Or, "when he goes down for a nap, if he cries you have to let him...he'll stop in about 2 minutes, unless you go and rescue him, so put him down and leave the room". She doesn't do any of those things. Also, my Mom has noticed that Twiga acts really terrible when she comes home and Twiga, Kesia and I have been together, so she's not sure what's happening (and it's our secret....I'll never tell), but in general....she's not happy. So, I guess she's going to try to find another nanny and fire this one but....1) I'd like to see my softy Mom fire this woman....she didn't after her $1100 went missing, in fact, when Kesia offered to quit, she begged her to stay and 2) I'm happy if it takes a while....because I'm totally enjoying being spoiled and coddled by Kesia.

No comments: