Thursday, December 18, 2008

musical meals

Today is Thursday. The computer was back this morning. Whew! There was a moment when Bestamom stopped talking and we had to call back. She said she broke her phone....which is some bad news. She had to get on the downstairs phone and I really hope she can fix her upstairs phone. I've never seen it but my Mom says its red and cool and a nice phone from Pottery Barn (a store I've never been too, but my Mommy assures me that I will be seeing plenty of when we go back to the US). Anyway.....I'm glad my morning started off talking to my Bestamom through the computer....it's a fun way to start the day.

Otherwise, it's just been a regular day. Mommy and I have got a schedule down and its pretty fun. I wake up at around 6:30 and have a bottle of milk and talk to my Bestamom for a half hour or 45 minutes. Then, around 7:30 or so, I have to entertain myself and play with Twiga while my Mommy gets ready for work. Around 8:30 I have breakfast and then around 9 Mommy and Twiga and I go for a walk in the garden. Then, around 9:15 Mommy has to go to work. I hate that part, and I let her know it....I cry when I see her heading for her car. (don't worry....I stop crying right after she leaves....I just like to let her know that I'm not too happy with her leaving). Around 10:30 I go for a nap and around 12:30 my Mommy comes home from work and gets me up. Then she gets my lunch prepared and I eat. After lunch, Mommy Twiga and I usually play out in the yard...we throw the ball for Twiga, we usually go down to visit Tembo the goat and give him a pet, and we usually swing for a bit in the hammock and sing a song. After a while, my Mom has to go back to work...and just a few minutes after that, I have to go down for my afternoon nap. I sleep from 3 to 4pm. At 4 I wake up and have a bottle of milk and at 5:30 or so my Mom comes home. Again she gets dinner ready for me, and I eat. Then we get to play again for a while and around 7 I get to take a bath and play in the bath with my fun sponge toys and brush my teeth. Then, Mommy gets pjs on me and we read a story or two....and then we sing a good night song and it's off to sleep and the day is over. It's a pretty good schedule and I'm pretty happy throughout the day.


I've been giving Mommy a hard time with my food lately. I have been rather picky. Today, Mommy went all out! She made mashed potatoes, broccoli soup, broccoli with rice potatoes and peas, and a squash dish with squash and potatoes. Plus, I had mangoes and bananas for a dessert. I didn't want to like my food, but I couldn't help myself. I would eat about 5 bites of a dish before I remembered to HATE it and refuse to eat it. Then, Mommy would move on to the next dish....and so on and so forth. In the end, I ate a whole lot of food for dinner...and Mommy seemed very smug! I don't know how I let this happen....but don't worry, she may have won today's battle, but the war is still on!

No comments: