Saturday, December 13, 2008

All the learning I'm doing...


Today, I think I may have learned my lesson. Don't tell my Mom though...because I'm thinking of unlearning the lesson for tomorrow's fun. My Mom has been putting me in 1 minute time outs when I hit people or the dog or play with the electronic equipment by the TV. I had about 5 time outs today for messing with the electrical TV stuff. I don't like them. At first I just laughed at how angry my Mom looked....it didn't seem to make her any less mad though...in fact, she may have gotten even more angry when I laughed at her. In any case, the thing is....I stopped laughing and started crying when I figured out that I had to sit in a room by myself in my high chair for a whole minute alone. And so, by this evening I had figured it out. When I head for the TV, and my Mom says, in that warning tone of voice, "Aki...Noooo".....I just stop, turn around and go to the toys I'm allowed to play with. It just seems easier that the whole time out business!


I'm also having so much fun imitating my Mom's sounds. She sings me this song about Ants marching a lot. And, when she sings, "hurrah, hurrah!" I do too! And, when she sings " boom, boom, boom" I do too! And, tonight, when we were playing in the bath with my toys and she told me that one of them was a turtle, I said, "turtle". I'm starting to get this talking thing. My legs need a little more strength before I'm ready to stand on my own....but that is getting there too. I mostly need to get my weight up and keep eating all that good healthy food. But, the talking....I'm having a fun time learning to talk like my Mom....she's afraid that if I start talking she might never get me to stop!

No comments: