Monday, December 1, 2008

Going Home

I have arrived at my new home. My mom came to get me this afternoon. It was hot and she came in a very big scary landrover and it made big scary noises. I did NOT like that, and I really hated the car seat. Luckily, once we started driving I dosed off and forgot my disdain for the vehicle. Upon my arrival home I was thinking and I decided to play a big trick on my Mom. I think I have her really freaked out. I decided to be an absolute dream tonight. I ate a great big meal of home made apple sauce (apples and water boiled with a hint of Cinnamon...but no sugar) and chickpeas, potatoes and tomatoes all blended together into a great big mush. It was tasty and I loved it all and ate every bite. Then, we decided to play around the house a bit while the water heated up for my bath. I was very interested and engaged in all the new toys my Mom had around the house for me. AND, I loved all the things on the coffee table so much that I pulled myself up and stood up for a full 7 minutes in order to really get a handle on what was on that table. I even read The Economist for a bit....important to keep up on global current events, I believe. (did you all know that Akira means bright boy in Japanese?)






After awhile my Mom thought it was bath time....so I splashed in the water and played with my sponge toys while she soaped me from head to toe....no tears from me, not one.





Finally, we sat together to read. I really wanted to read more about the world economies, but my silly Mom pulled out a book called 'Tricky Tortoise'. I humored her and listened to it and pointed at all the pictures.

Well, I could have really made a fuss this evening, with all the new things happening and me being out of my element and my routine and all. But, I knew my Mom was expecting that....and I wanted to pull one over on her. So....after the bed time story, when she put me in my bed, I made a few fussy sounds for about 30 seconds and then promptly fell sound asleep.

I've got her good wouldn't you say. Just wait till tomorrow....she will be expecting perfect behavior again....she'll never see it coming! HAHA....stay tuned!

1 comment: