Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Eating and pooping

I have to apologize to my Bestamom right away. My Mom tells me that she really is against talking about things like pooping. However, my Mom has become quite comfortable discussing pooping because 1) she lives in Africa and everyone discusses their pooping problems here and 2) she worries regularly about our dog Twiga and moderates her health through her poop. So, we can talk about it here...but my Bestamom will probably not like this post very much. Sorry!

In any case my pooping is interesting because I am producing an inordinate amount of it right now. 6 poppy diapers today. I'm pretty sure it's because my Mom has began feeding me all different foods in order to experiment to find what I like and don't like. She is planning to raise me vegetarian....so she is working on ways to ensure that I have enough healthy protein. The Chinese restaurant in town is willing to sell my Mom tofu....I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't sound great! In any case....so far I seem to like everything except cheese. This has my Mother a little distressed as it seems to be her favorite food. I don't see how it could be....she even tried to disguise it by hiding it in my chickpeas....but she did not win! I found it all and picked it bit by bit out of my mouth....I'm not swallowing that stuff!


Anyway....I'm just not used to eating like this. So, all this food is new to my system. So far Mom made me apple sauce (really just apples and milk cooked up with a bit of Cinnamon in it and all mushed up), and then two main dishes. One has chickpeas, potatoes and tomatoes all mushed up....and the other has squash, zucinni potatoes and brown rice. They are both very yummy. I can't get enough. I also really like plain yogurt, strawberries and watermelon. Oh, and Twiga and I shared a banana today....that was really fun for both of us. It was a bonding moment. ;-)


So, today was my first full day at home. It's great. And, Twiga and I are becoming very good friends. She licks me a lot and a love it! It tickles and makes me laugh. Mom likes to take the ball outside and throw it for Twiga and then we all play outside in the garden together. So, day 2 is over....it's been successful. I'm exhausted! Off to bed for me....


Oh, PS....I'm about half a step away from walking on my own. It's going to happen any moment now. My Mom took video, but its too hard to get it to load on this very poor connection my Mom has here at the house. The video will have to wait until we get to civilization.

2 comments:

Topher said...

Sounds like a productive day, but what happened to tricking your mom?

Vicki said...

Aki, you are just too cute for words! Tell your Mommy to post more pictures--I want to keep showing you off to people. I knew you would start walking soon. There were just too many people and too much going on at Cradle of Love for you to start walking. But I know it was a wonderful place because it kept you happy and healthy until your Mom could come to Tanzania and find you. And now you'll have lots of time and incentive to start walking. You need to keep your Mom on her toes when you start toddling all over getting into everything.