Friday, December 5, 2008

In lieu of welcome home gifts...

Many of you have kindly written to my Mom to ask how to send me a pressie! I want it to be known that I am protesting this suggestion, but my Mom insisted that we suggest that for the time being, because it is too difficult to get things mailed to me here....that you might make a donation to Cradle of Love, where I was taken such good care of! If you would like to make a donation in my name....go to this website and it will give you directions on how to do it.

http://www.cradleoflove.com/invest/

This is a really good baby home where they are doing good work. They loved me and cared for me for a year and we'll always be so grateful to them for taking such good care of me while I was waiting for my forever familyto come. So....this would be a great way to say welcome!

ps - just so you all know....I'm not giving up rights to gifts in the future (birthdays etc. ;-)

1 comment:

Ilse said...

Hi Akira! You probably don't remember me, but I was a volunteer at Cradle of Love from June till September. I am really happy for you that you are part of a family now. I have some cute pictures of you in the babyhome. If your mom is interested, she can write an e-mail to me (ilsespuesens@gmail.com) so I can e-mail them to you. I wish you all the best!
Ilse