Monday, December 8, 2008

1 week down....

.....A LIFETIME to go. Well, so far I think I'll stick with the Bowman family. Just could someone explain to my Mom that I like hitting people and dogs and I want to continue it. If she could just accept that I'm not going to stop doing that we'd be fine. For some strange reason she is just determined that I not hit Twiga. Other than that small battle we're doing well.


In one week I have learned to pull myself up and be as mobile as possible on 2 feet. I can't quite walk without help yet as I still have some balance issues....but I'm getting ingenious at finding things to hold on to in order to move around on my own two feet. I'm talking up a storm....I'm still using my own special language....but I've really got it developed quite extensively at this point. You guys should really learn my language in fact, it is very advanced. Plus, if my Mom could just understand what I'm saying maybe I wouldn't have to hit everything in frustration!






Today my Mom had the day off. She had scheduled a manicure and pedicure with a friend for my morning nap time....but when she went to the shop, it was closed for the Tanzanian national holiday. So....that didn't work out too well for her! hahaha.....



I, on the other hand, have had a fabulous day. I've played with Twiga and Mommy most of the day, had lunch outside on the grass with toys....and then in the afternoon I went to visit my friends at Cradle of Love. I had such a fun time seeing everyone. A special shout out to the Director, Devona, because today is her birthday! My Mommy says that Devona and another volunteer Katie might come to see where we live and visit our home. I hope they come....it's so fun to see them. I also got to see all my old caregivers. I loved seeing them, and they were happy to see me too! It's good to be missed. All my friends were there and I played with them. My Mom talked to another lady that was there playing with my friend, Prince. That lady might adopt him....she is trying to make a decision and to make the best one possible. I heard my Mommy talking to her and telling her that she wasn't too sure about me when she first saw me at Cradle of Love, but now she can't imagine that I could ever be any other Mommy's kid but hers. I can't imagine another Mommy (other than my Birth Mommy....who I also love). So, I guess we are pretty lucky. But, my Mom also told that other lady that it was fair to take the time and think about it. It's a big responsibility and you have to be sure you are doing the right thing for both yourself and for the baby that you might take. I hope everything works out that lady and Prince.

So, happy birthday Devona and happy one week anniversary to my Mommy and me!

****A wonderful volunteer from Cradle of Love emailed my Mommy with photos of me from this past summer. I am so happy to have some photos from my 9th through 12th months of life....since my Mom wasn't around to take them of me. Thank you so so much Ilse....not only for the photos, but also for volunteering and spending time and loving me.

No comments: