Wednesday, December 17, 2008

3 big events and 1 non-event

Today I had some interesting things happen. One of the most interesting thing that happened, started with my morning...and it was actually what didn't happen. Mommy and I have a morning ritual. We start our day on a happy note (I'm a happy boy in the morning and I never wake up crying. I just wake up happy and wait for my Mommy to come in and get me. When she shows up in the morning, I'm usually just playing in my crib and singing). Then I have a bottle of milk and we talk to the computer for a half hour. Mommy calls it my Bestamom and Grandad. I don't know....it looks like a computer to me. But, the cool thing about the computer is that it seems to know my name and it talks to me and tells me that it loves me and sends me kisses. I think that is very cool and I am very interested and recognize my name. But, today...it didn't happen. Mommy and I still had fun playing around....but I missed the computer/Bestamom. I hope she comes back tomorrow.


So that was my non-event of the day. In other events we had visitors at lunch today. Mommy came home first and I had lunch and we sang and swung in the hammock. Then, Mommy's friends Rupa and Howard stopped by to meet me. They were really nice. I was a little wary, but that is just because I'm feeling like being with my Mommy all the time right now. But, I could tell that they were really cool people. AND, they brought me one of my most fun toys ever. Mommy says I'm going to treasure this toy forever and ever. It is a wooden elephant made here in Tanzania. It rolls on the floor and when it moves its head and trunk move too! It's super cool and fun and my Mommy thinks its really beautiful. What a thoughtful gift! Thank you to Rupa!





Tonight we had quite an event. On her way home Mommy had done some grocery shopping. (she is stocking up so that there is food and water in the house for Twiga and I while she is gone). After being home and playing with me for a while Mommy went outside quickly to get a bag from the car. When she came back to the door, she couldn't open the screen door. I played a very funny trick on Mommy. I had managed to lock it from the inside! There is a latch on both the outside and the inside. Mommy didn't know that I was so good at latches. She was getting pretty worried on the outside of the door. She was trying to pretend like it was fine and we were just playing a game....but I could hear in her voice that she was a little worried. She also wasn't so sure that I understood as much of what she says as I do. But, when she told me that I needed to unlock that door....it took me a few times of trying to get the latch undone, but I definitely understood what she was saying and I unlocked the door and let her in. I wanted to have fun, but I didn't want to make her too too worried. She was pretty proud of me for unlocking the door. She swung me around and cheered....I don't know why she was so excited, I knew I could do it all along.

Anyway...I was just having fun. While my very sunny disposition has returned today (the hitting has disappeared today and I don't feel as cranky as I have the past few days), I have definitely decided that I'm not interested in proteins or veggies. Last week I loved them....this week though,....I'm refusing to go near them. I still want to eat a lot of food.....just not proteins or veggies. I am loving all fruits (apples, apricots, strawberries, mango, banana, raspberries, peaches, pears) and I still love my yogurt and my milk bottles, and I LOVE my morning cereal (Mommy usually mixes in a bit of yogurt and some fresh raspberries.....it's the best way to start the morning ever). I love to eat brown bread, and I love cooked apples and strawberries. But, my Mommy struggled to get even just a few bites of squash, potatoes, and rice in my tummy, or broccoli, peas and beans in my tummy. just don't want them. But, one of the things that Mommy bought today was a mixer, so I am hoping that she is getting ready to make that broccoli soup that I love so much from Dirk and Inneke's house! Stay tuned for that tomorrow. In the meantime, don't worry that I'm starving....I'm stuffing my face with bread!

No comments: