Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

It's my 15 month birthday today. Unfortunately, it was a rough day. My Mommy kept calling me a cranky pants.....but she was wrong. She was the cranky pants. Mommy had a migraine today. And, I've never seen her with a migraine. Usually, she is fun and funny and laughing and singing. But, today she just was very quiet. I wanted her attention and she wasn't giving it to me. On top of that....we've just spent 4 fun days together all day having fun. Today, Mommy had to go to work and leave me for part of the day. I didn't like that so much. So, I had to do something. I looked at her and headed right for the TV box which I know I'm not allowed to play with. She told me no. I looked at her and smiled and then went over to the box....made sure that she was watching and then hit it as hard as I could. It got her attention. She wasn't smiling and laughing and singing....but she gave me attention! And, that was how our day went.



















Near the end of the day, I saw her decide to put the effort in. Even though her head really hurt, she decided to try as hard as she could to turn the negative around. At the start of our dinner...it was tough....I wanted to hit the spoon, which I know makes her mad, and spit the food out of my mouth....and she was constantly mad. Then, she decided to turn the negative around to the positive and to sing (like she usually does) and tickle my feet and everytime I opened up and took a big bite....she gave me fun encouragement! I laughed....my Mommy was back! Who can be a bad eater when you are having so much fun!! I hope she learned her lesson....I don't care if her head is exploding....it's easier to be fun and nice than to hear my scream my head off with a migraine.

Happy Birthday to me....I'm a genius!

No comments: