Friday, January 30, 2009

play group





Mommy took me to play group today with lots of kids in the expat community here in Arusha. I was a little overwhelmed, and stayed next to Mommy for a good portion of it. She kept trying to get me to go with the kids and play, but I was a bit unsure and tentative. I just wanted to make sure I could see my Mommy at all times. Mommy was sympathetic, but on the other hand, I think she wants to make sure that I'm not getting too clingy and reliant on her. It is important for me to be able to play with the kids. There was one boy who just kept wanting to hit me. He would see me from far away and come running up and hit me. Mommy said she was proud of me though. I was very gentle with all the kids and just touched them with my fingers if I wanted to be friends. Near the end, I managed to befriend Gabriel (the hitter) when Mommy spent some time with both of us and we were able to be gentle with each other and be friends. I think it will be ok now....Mommy just should have spent time introducing us to each other first thing. Also, I never hit Gabriel back...and I cried a little when he hit me, but I also learned to just push him away when he hit me, but to not hit back. Mommy was very proud of how I handled myself.








Tomorrow is a big day as we are hosting a bbq for friends at our house. Mommy looks really tired by this week (I think that there were problems at her job in Holland and so she was working in Arusha, working for Holland, being a single Mom and dealing with a teenage nephew as well as running the staff at the house...all by herself this week....and we have a bbq tomorrow). I think she needs a good nights sleep in order to make it through tomorrow. So, I've decided to be a lovely little boy and go down to sleep easy peasy tonight.








Sleep well.....

No comments: