Friday, January 23, 2009

no power

Here in Arusha the power has been....spotty at best the past few days. It's not so bad during the day....what do we need power for anyway? But, my Mommy gets a little bummed at night with only candles and books to read (her eyes hurt after a while reading by candle light).

My only problem is the water. It needs to be heated and we use the electricity to heat the water here. There is a switch on the wall and you need to turn it on about an hour before you want hot water. When there is no power, there is no hot water, and therefor there is no bathtime. I guess Mommy could give me a cold bath....but she wouldn't do that to me. I'm a little sad though....I like my bath time. We play and read our bath books and sing and soap up and brush teeth. None of that could happen tonight (except for brushing my teeth....but I like it better when I brush them in the bathtub and can be as messy as I want.)

So, hopefully there will be power in the morning and I will have a bath. In the meantime, I got to have dinner by candle light. I have learned how to tell my Mommy when I'm really hungry and ready to eat. I climb into my stroller!





















You can't see the candles that well from the photo because the flash makes it look like it is quite light inside. In fact, it was dark and I got to eat by the light of the candles. And, I ate a lot more than usual....well, at least I wasn't picky about what I was eating...and I ate all the bites with my peas in it (and usually I spit those right out)....but I couldn't see what I was eating and it seemed to make all the difference. I thought it was all pretty good really!







I wish you all a dinner by candle light tonight with the people you love....it's a pretty nice way to spend the evening.












No comments: