Monday, January 26, 2009

lack of sleep

Today was good for me, but rough for my Mommy. Let me preface this by saying....I got plenty of sleep last night. But, my Mom didn't. There was a robbery in the house next to ours last night around 3am, so everyone was shaken up. I slept through the whole thing. But, Mommy was woken up to Twiga barking and the guard outside calling out to someone and then, all the sudden, the Warrior trucks were at our gate and all sorts of craziness was happening. There were men from Warrior all over the property with flashlights and sticks, ready to attack. The guard at our house, John, had heard the neighbors being robbed by two guys with machetes and pushed the panic button which sends a signal to a truck of guards who wait in the area in case one of their clients has a problem. Anyway....Mommy just told me all this because I slept through the whole thing. She said she wasn't sure if she should come in and wake me when all the guards were in our compound because they seemed to be heading around the house to where my bedroom is, and Mommy was getting very nervous. But.....John was a star and we are all safe today. Mommy and Uncle Topher and I went around to the neighbors house at lunch today, to visit and to see if we could help them. They were pretty shaken up. And, while no life threatening injuries occurred (thanks to John who scared away the robbers), one guy has his knee caps bashed in, another woman has her hand broken, and they all have gashes and cuts where they were beaten. Very scary!

So, we are on heightened sense of alert at our house tonight....all windows and doors have been locked and checked and rechecked....Warrior cars are coming often here to the gate and Twiga is growling at any noise she hears. Mommy is very very tired, and hoping that all the nervousness won't stop her from sleeping tonight. No photos today.....hopefully by tomorrow we will have all calmed down and the camera will reappear. For tonight....we're all headed for a hopefully, RESTFUL and UNEVENTFUL nights sleep.

No comments: