Thursday, January 22, 2009

Feeding myself

This is one of my Mom's biggest issues. She knows that it's important to let me start using the fork and spoon and feeding myself....but anyone who knows my Mom will know that she is both a bit of a clean freak and a definite control freak. So, this is one area in which she is really struggling to let me go at it. She keeps saying that once my high chairs comes in the shipment (our good friends Inneke and Derik have put a high chair in their shipment coming from Europe for me....so we are waiting...in the meantime, I eat in my stroller every day), then she will let me do it all myself. But, the truth is that there is no difference between doing it now or then, she is simply struggling to give over control to me.

Tonight, after putting enough food in my mouth to satisfy my Mommy that I had eaten a good dinner, I thought I would take matters into my own hands. I grabbed the spoon and she let me! For a while I just played with it....putting it in my mouth and taking it out. Then, she finally put my bowel of apple sauce up to the tray and indicated that I could try. With a little of Mommy's help I actually fed myself a few bites of apple sauce. It was very fun! Especially because my Mommy clapped and cheered after every bite.

A few photos to remind us all of why she may not let me feed myself again too soon.






No comments: