Friday, January 9, 2009

A big day....maybe, sort of, kinda

Today a few interesting events happened. I seemed to move forward and revert back, all at the same time.


Mommy and Uncle Topher and I went to visit Cradle of Love today in the afternoon. Mommy gets Friday afternoons off work, and Uncle Topher had not seen where I was from, and I haven't been back to visit my friends there for weeks...so it was time. For some reason, as soon as I arrive, I cannot help but to behave badly there. I know it will irritate my Mommy...but I can't stop myself. I scream if anyone else tries to hold me, I refuse to show off any of my good walking progress, and I hit anything that moves. I don't know what comes over me....I just can't help myself. Mommy keeps asking me to stop this behavior and show them how good I am so they don't think they have sent me to a home where I am learning all the wrong things to do...and I know I should try to help her out and be good....but I just can't help myself. It's too fun to tease her by showing all the kids there all the ways to drive your Mommy crazy!


However, in some ways I'm moving forward! Mommy is not quite willing to say that today I am a walking boy...but I did SEEM to take my first steps today. The day before my 16th month birthday. It' a bit hard to tell...or so my Mommy thinks. Because I sort of take a few steps and then fall down. But....I keep trying to explain to her....I'm WALKING! It's a bit wobbly...and it will take a few days to get it down pat....but she's been asking me for a while now to walk and so I decided to indulge her and I'm walking. And she is hesitant to even acknowledge it???? What kind of silly Mommy is she?


Anyway....end news is.....I took my first solo steps today!


ps - the news at Cradle of Love is that they lost a 4th baby last night. It is very sad. Also, my friend Jackson had to be taken to hospital today....we dropped him off at the hospital on our way home from the orphanage today. I hope he is ok. As soon as there is news on how he is, I'll be sure to post it. Say some prayers...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love reading your blog Akira. You are just adorable as ever and are getting to be such a big boy. I have a couple pictures of you that I would be happy to email to your mom for your baby book. Tell her to send me an email at: nrbosch@yahoo.com and I will send them.

Do you know which baby passed away at Cradle? I volunteered there in August and September and am curious. I hope little Jackson will be ok. There has been too much sadness at Cradle already.

Take care and keep blogging!
Nicole