Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama - of course!!

Today is a great day for me. At least that is what my Mommy is telling me. I have to say, she may be right. I thought it was a pretty good day. I ate lots of food at every meal, Mommy and I were in good moods and had so much fun all day playing and laughing at our silly games. And, something weird and special happened tonight. Well, actually a few weird, special things happened. First, I got to stay up past my bedtime. We had our night routine....dinner, bath, teeth and book....and then I thought, "oh geeze....here comes the part I don't like...she's going to put me in the dark room again". But....instead she didn't and we all sat together in the living room. Which brings me to the other very strange thing that happened....I watched TV. Mommy NEVER lets me watch TV, and in fact it is a house rule written down that the TV is not to go on during daytime hours and while I am awake. This regularly annoys me, as it seems very interesting and I'm just dying to see what tricks that big gray box can handle.

Mommy told Uncle Topher that if there was one thing on TV that was ok to watch, it was Barak Obama becoming President of MY United States and Mr. Bush leaving the White House. I don't totally get it....but it seemed to be really exciting and special for my Mommy and she wanted to share it with me, so I was pretty excited too. I even stayed really quite during the music portions. And, I did stop and watch, mesmerized when President Obama was sworn in. People were all pretty excited.

Uncle Topher thought that my Mommy was really stupid to keep me up (and quite frankly, I believe he was just upset that I was keeping him from his dinner). He told her I'd never understand or remember this anyway. First off....he doesn't know...I'm extraordinary, so I might remember this. But, secondly....Mommy's no dummy. She told him that it was important to see this change in leadership of the U.S. and amazing to see the first African American become President....and the point is that she wants to be able to tell me when I am older that I watched it all happening from East Africa when I was right on the cusp of joining the USA myself! I think Mommy' pretty cool for wanting that for me (OK....I'll fess up. I actually mainly think she's cool for letting me stay up 45 minutes later than usual and letting me see how the big grey box works....it's cool man!)




To all my 'soon-to-be' fellow citizens....I congratulate and salute you. Good job in picking a President this time!!! Happy inaguration day!

No comments: