Sunday, January 18, 2009

Birthday Weekend....

My Uncle Topher will be turning 18 on Monday. So, we decided to celebrate as a family this weekend by taking a road trip a few hours up the road to a town called Karatu on the edge of Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara in the Rift Valley as a lodge called Gibb's Farmhouse. We got going on Saturday morning, and drove a few hours to Gibbs....arriving around 3pm. It was a nice ride, but I didn't have a nap and didn't seem to want to fall asleep in the car and I got very cranky near the end of that ride. It is TOO long to expect me to just sit there silently, for heavens sake!
Once we got there though....we had a pretty good evening. We got checked into our room and I had a bit to eat on the veranda overlooking beautiful gardens. Then, we had some snacks and headed out for a hike. Mommy and Uncle Topher took turns carrying me and taking control of Twiga's leash. It looked a little exhausting to me....but, I was ok....I had a ride!
We were supposed to go on a safari as well this weekend, but due to some technical troubles we were not able to go. I heard Mommy and Uncle Topher talking about us going on safari next week to Tarangire National Park. Sounds fun.
Today we got up and had a really nice breakfast and watched so many beautiful birds eating the fruits that the farm had put out for them. I love to talk to the birds...."Caa....Caa", I call out to them, and sometimes they answer back!
Then, my Mommy actually thought she could put me back in the car and drive another few hours home today. I was having none of it. I decided to have a bit of fun with the family. I screamed my head off and the only way I would stop is if they sung Humpty Dumpty to me OVERANDOVER again. Seriously! They tried other songs. They did not work. I ONLY wanted to hear Humpty Dumpty. After over an hour Uncle Topher said he would rather hear me scream then to sing the song one more time.
We got home just in time to go to a going away party for Mommy's friend Mary. She is moving to South Africa with her boyfriend Bas, and her baby Morris. There was a birthday party for Morris yesterday but we had to skip it since we were away, so Mommy felt like we HAD to go to today's party, even though we were all tired. The party was at Inneke, Dirk's and Ella's though....and I love to go there, and I got to go in the pool with my friends, so its was pretty fun.
By the time we got home, I had dinner and a bath and read a book, we were all so tired, we could barely move. I am headed to bed and I bet my Mommy will follow VERY VERY soon.
Happy Birthday tomorrow to my Uncle Topher!!!














ROADTRIP



















SNACKS WITH A VIEW


















GOING ON A HIKE



















DINNER ON THE VERANDA














RIFT VALLEY

ONLY LASTED 10 MINUTES

No comments: