Friday, February 6, 2009

under the weather, but getting better

Today was tough. Mommy and I were both under the weather. We went first thing this morning to the doctor but were not able to get an appointment until later in the afternoon.

At lunch, we managed to have fun even though we weren't feeling our very best. Devona and Katie from the Cradle of Love came by for lunch today. It was fun to have them here and we had a nice lunch on the veranda and then I got to show them my room, and my house and the garden and the veggie patch and our animals. It was nice to see them out of the usual environment of Cradle of Love. I was a little cranky though...because I was not feeling all that well. Still, I did my best.

Mommy and Devona talked about the little girl Violet that has been in the hospital. She was taken back home while they were at our house, which was VERY good news indeed. She has thrush and is not 100% but is doing better. We'll be keeping a close ear on how she is doing over the next week or so. I really hope she pulls through and I really hope that somehow she is not diagnosed with HIV. Devona was talking about the fact that though the home has a nurse employed, she cannot administer meds because the home does not have the equipment. So, the babies have to go to the hospital where they are not always given the best of care. Violet had to wait many many hours before any medicine given to her....when she was there and so small and so sick. It would be much better for the kids if they had the equipment on hand so that taking the kids to the hospital was not necessary. Maybe there is a way to help CoL to fund raise in order to buy the medical equipment so that no other kids have to be sick and wait for care like poor Violet did. Any ideas???

And, speaking of medical care, Mommy took me to see the doctor this afternoon. I have a low grade infection....nothing too serious. Mommy has some medicine to give me and I should feel much better in a few days, but if I don't, we'll have to go back. Mommy's amoebas are strong little guys and don't want to leave her quite yet. So, the doctor gave her a strong type of medicine to help her body fight. Hopefully we will both be much better soon!




And, Uncle Topher was a trooper as usual. He played with me and carried me and was a very good uncle for the day and helped out Mommy who wasn't feeling very good. Thanks Uncle Topher!




No comments: