Sunday, February 22, 2009

super star



Today was SUCH a fun day. We woke up and had our regular routine. We talked to Bestamom and Grandad, I woke Uncle Topher up....we ate our breakfast....we all played and took walks in the garden and then I took my morning nap. After nap though....things got fun and different. Mommy's friend, Tanja arrived last night to visit us for two weeks. So, today we explored a bit outside Arusha. We went to Mt. Meru game lodge to have some lunch and see the animals. It is really nice there because you can sit practically next to the zebras and ostriches while you have lunch and there are monkeys climbing around in the trees above you...it's all very fun.




Then, after lunch we went to the Arusha National Park and drove around to see the animals and the landscape. We saw the strangle trees that Mommy thinks are cool....and we found colobus monkeys (rare) and baboons, and Buffalo and giraffes and deer. And, then when it was time to leave, and we were driving out the clouds lifted and on one side of us was Mt. Meru and on the other was Mt. Kili. They looked just beautiful and Tanja was duly impressed by the experience.




I had so much fun. I was in the car for hours today and I didn't make any sort of fuss (nor did I fall asleep). I just sat and played and talked to everyone the whole time. Tanja was....duly impressed by the experience.




2 comments:

Bestemom said...

What a very fun day. And I'm sure Tanja was even more impressed by you than by Mt Kili and Mt Meru, because nothing is quite as impresive as you.

bradi said...

He is getting so big! What a face! And what a beautiful view. Thanks for sharing it. Can't wait to get a big squeeze from that boy. . . someday!