Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm 17 today

Well, 17 months old today. I can't believe how all grown up I am. Well, let's get the important stuff out of the way right up front. Mommy weighed and measured me. I am 25 pounds today and 32 1/2 inches long. That is up from 21.5 pounds a month ago....so 4.5 pounds gained in a month. And, I'm about an inch and a half taller than I was! Mommy could tell I was just sprouting up, but this is just spectacular!





I am babbling constantly and love to make up songs and dance to them. I wake up and immediately call out for Twiga. I can say Akira, Twiga, bye bye and mama. I tell everyone bye and wave. My walking and climbing is very extensive now and I am very independent. However, I still really like to cuddle with my Mommy and run over to her every few minutes to give her legs a big hug and then go back to whatever I am doing. I love to cheer for myself and I love it even more when others cheer with me. I know what gentle means and I love being gentle with people or animals....then I expect everyone to cheer for me! I smile and laugh constantly and I make my Mommy smile and laugh all the time. I'm happy....






We went to lunch today at Blue Heron to celebrate my day. We got ice cream at the end. I love celebrations.






Happy Birthday to me.....YAY!!!!! (clap, clap clap.....)



4 comments:

Vicki said...

What a great big boy!!! And Mommy forgot to tell everyone that you also say uh-oh. I love listening to you talk on skype and hearing all your big words.

Ilse said...

Happy 17th month birthday Aki! It is so good to hear that you are growing and developing so well...!

Angela said...

What a terrific growth spurt and an adorable little guy - your mom is doing a wonderful job!!

vanpeltium said...

Such a big boy! It's great keeping up with your blog. I'm sure next month there will be more fun to come (I know your mom likes half birthday as much as the whole ones!)