Monday, February 16, 2009

BIG HUGE SPECIAL DAY!


OK, first....I'm really sorry I haven't posted in a few days. It's all my Mommy's fault. Her computer adapter blew up and in this town....well, it takes some time and a whole lot of luck to get things fixed. SO, we were able to find a new adapter and she is up and running again, which means that I can post again.

So, I'll just do a short recap of the events of the last few days On Friday, our adoption lawyer, Brooke came into town from Dar es Salaam where she is located. She came to our house on friday night and we had dinner and I got to interact a bit with Brooke (I even let her pick me up....the first time I met Brooke when she was with Mommy before she even WAS my Mommy....well, I didn't let EITHER of them pick me up, but now I figure she's ok in my book). SO, after I went to sleep they did some really boring business like signing papers and going over information etc.

On, Saturday Mommy spent most of the day running around trying to fix her computer....to no avail. We did our weekly grocery shopping and we went to lunch at Via Via. And, we played around the house a lot. We played outside in the yard....it was really fun. I loved spending the time with just my family without a lot of running around. Instead, there was just fun and not much stress and I laughed and played and danced....it was GREAT!




On Sunday it was pretty similar to Saturday. Except that we did go to the pool at Ilboru for a few hours. We had some lunch and was swam and played. I flirted with all the girls that work there, and they all came out to see me and told my Mommy what a good boy I am. I'm learning early how to work a crowd. ;-)

But, today is the really really special day! Wanna know why its the BIG HUGE SPECIAL DAY?? The lawyer filed my paperwork in court, and I am officially on the books. My case file number is 002 09, the second adoption case to be filed in the Courts for 09. Very exciting! Now we can't wait to find out our court date. Stay tuned!!!

Oh, in other important events, I'm saying thank you, and I've developed a love of reading with my Mommy (and while she gets VERY tired of reading the same book with 5 pages of animal noises or counting to ten, she is also MORE than happy to read my books with me because she is sooo happy that I'm loving to read with her). I pick out the book and then climb up into Mommy's lap with my sippy cup and settle in for some fun.

Can't wait for what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: