Monday, February 2, 2009

quick note


Mommy realized that too much activity is TOO much activity. Both she and I were overwhelmed by all the events and stimulation of the past few days. So, for the next few days, we are re-establishing our routines as a family at home. Today was nice....I played around the house and Mommy and I played the alphabet game. We make up songs and sing...."ah ah ah ah", "bah, bah, bah, bah", "cah, cah, cah, cah" and so on. I'm learning to make all the different sounds so that talking will come easily for me when I'm ready. I'm not in any real rush just yet.


Tonight Mommy made me the best spinach dish ever. I loved it. It had spinach, yogurt, tomato, potato, garlic and some seasoning in it...and I thought it was so yummy. Poor Mommy just about gagged from the smell as she was feeding it to me, but I was in hog heaven! We sang Popeye the Sailor Man as I ate, and Uncle Topher wondered why Mommy wanted me to be a sailor when I grow up. Mommy explained to him that she wanted me to be anything I want to be when I grow up, as long as I am healthy, happy and strong and that spinach will help me achieve that as well as giving me much needed iron.


Then, a bit later in the evening Mommy got a bit sad. I don't' know why but her fun, singing mood melted away after she read her emails. I'm hoping she'll sleep it off and be back to being fun and happy in the morning. I'm sure she will....she always bounces back, even when she gets sad news. Feel better Mommy....we have lots of playing to do tomorrow.

1 comment:

bradi said...

Wow! Just catching up with you all and I'm exhausted! You have a busy life. I hope Kirsti starts feeling better, Aki gets to feed himself despite the mess, Twiga keeps the robbers away and Topher enjoys his 18th year. Stay away from snakes!