Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Uncle Gogo

Today was my uncle Gogo's birthday!  Can you imagine this is the third birthday of his that I have spent with him!  The first birthday of Uncle Gogo's that I spent with him, we celebrated in Karatu the weekend before:

Gogo's birthday weekend

And the weekend after we celebrated with a bbq at our place.  I had only known Uncle Gogo less than a month...but I was already smitten!

A bbq party!

The second time I celebrated Uncle Gogo's birthday, we were still in Africa.  On his actual birthday we celebrated together at home in Arusha and went for Chinese food for dinner since it's his favorite food.  By this time....I fully loved my Uncle.  He is so much fun!

Happy Birthday Uncle Gogo

The following weekend, we went on safari to Karatu once again. 

Safari to Karatu

This year has been a bit rocky.  Uncle Gogo and I are having some power issues and we seem to get into lots of struggles...Mommy goes crazy sometimes.  BUT...the one thing that is for certain....no matter what, I LOVE MY GOGO!  HE is my Gopherter. 

This year, we are living in America..in California.  And, we celebrated again today.  Mommy, Clara Shei and I took Uncle Gogo to a great Indian restaurant, in honor of our first home, Arusha and the amazing indian food which we miss soooo much!  It was yummy and fun!  Tonight the whole family went out to dinner at Chipolte, and even Megan came with us too. 

Happy Birthday Gogo!  I love you....

1 comment:

bradi said...

Gogo's Birthday! Sounds like fun. I'm glad he has you to celebrate his birthday with him. It would certainly not be a party without Aki!!