Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The 5 cent farm

I've been hearing about the 5 cent farm in Portland, Oregon for a while now.  I think my mommy has a huge fascination with it (especially when we were living in Tanzania) because it seems so american idealistic.  In any case, the family that lives at the 5 cent farm is the Ross family. My mommy grew up with the mommy of the Ross family - Bradi.  Bradi has a husband Ron, two kids Emerson and Flannery, a dog named Dobler and some chickens (who I think must be very cold this time of year)...oh, and a goldfish that I tried to drown. 

So, to start the year of 2011, we went to visit the Ross family in Portland, Oregon.  What an amazing 48 hours I had there. My mommy looked a little ragged by the end, and poor Bradi was probably just plain exhausted by me, though not nearly as exhausted as her boy....Emerson.

Oh, Emerson, how I do adore you!  I can't wait to be 8 years old and just like you.  I think you are so cool, I want to be hanging on to you from the moment you get home from school till the moment you have to go to sleep. 

And, Flannery, well she has the coolest stuff ever...including a dollhouse and a goldfish.  When Flannie and Emerson were home, I just had to be with them every second.  When they weren't, we had to find a way to entertain ourselves....so we went to the OMSI (science center in Portland). Bradi is really fun at playing with us....she likes to find ways to shoot various balls out of air tubes in the ball room....mommy thinks that some things never change.

We loved our visit with the Ross family.  We loved Dobler, the big red dog, and we hope that we get to see them all again real soon!





No comments: