Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye Seattlites, Hello Portlandia

Yesterday we drove down from Seattle to Portland and spent the day and evening with one of my mommy's dearest friends who she met in the dorms, freshman year of college...Jen. 

Since mommy has been living abroad, she hasn't seen Jen....so it's been a LOT of year.  Boy...can those two ladies TALK.  They stayed up all night just talking.  Man....they put Clara Shei and I down to sleep in the bedroom and stayed out on the pull out couch with their tea and their talking all night.  Finally....early in the morning, they fell asleep....and that's when our fun could begin. 

When Mommy and Jen woke up at 5:30 in the morning, Clara Shei and I had been up busily smearing our shea hair butter all over EVERYTHING.  Somehow they didn't find it as fun or nearly as funny as we did.  In fact, mommy was down right furious!  Go figure....

The funny thing is....even with this (small) indiscretion of ours....and even with Mommy getting so (unreasonably) angry....it was still just the most fun visit.  Maybe it's because my mommy was relaxed and happy to be with her friend and have it feel like no time at all had passed.  I could see what a truly special friendship they have.  Or maybe it's because despite her insistence that she is not a 'kid' person, Jen is so cool and we loved her and hanging out with her and I think she is just one of the most special people. Oh, and I really like her her husband, Cean and her son, Ayden too.  What a super cool family!  I can't wait to see them all again!

oh, and on top of it all.  Jen is quite an artist.  She designs jewelry and is an amazing amateur photographer (Portland is apparently full of them).  Jen took these photos of me...thanks Jen.  See you again soon.  I promise I'll lay off the shea butter next time.




1 comment:

jen said...

Please come back ANY TIME!!!!!! Love to all of you. xoxoxo