Sunday, May 3, 2009

Then and Now

Every once in a while Mommy gets a really nice email from a past volunteer at Cradle of Love who has seen this blog and wants to write and check in on me. She is always so happy to hear from those people who knew me when....and even more excited when they send photos of me before I came to my forever home. It means a lot to me too....and I know how great it will be to have these photos of me when I was a little boy. Thank you so much to all you past volunteers who were and still are soo good to me! Mommy is going to send a personal individual email tomorrow to send thanks....but for tonight I am sending thanks for both of us.

This weekend was just a regular old weekend.....we visited Cradle of Love, we played and played around the house, we sat patiently in the car while Uncle Topher practiced his driving skills on the side roads, we went to the Tengeru Market to see what was for sale, and we ate. I love to eat....I mean I LOVE to eat. Mommy is getting worried about the amount of food I eat. She doesn't want to stop me because I keep asking for more, but on the other hand, you wouldn't look at me and call me slim. Really, as long as its all healthy food, I don't know what she is worried about....I'm just storing a bunch of calories in my tummy for the winter time (or a growth spurt).

Here are some old and new photos of me....see how much I've grown! Thanks again for the photos!!!

oh, and for the record books...one of my new favorite words is Arusha.....I am Akira from Arusha and I want everyone to know it! I say Akira, Arusha and Mommy a LOT!!!



THEN


NOW




No comments: