Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yesterday a lizard, today a penguin....what's tomorrow??

I love to become different animals.  My current favorite is a lizard.  Here in East Africa we have a LOT of lizards in our homes.  They climb the wall, live behind our curtains and light fixtures....just waiting for a bug to come along and make their dinner.  Mommy is NOT a fan.  But, I think they are cool....and I always want to be one.  If no one will play with me, then I take one leg and one arm and place them on the wall, and one arm and one leg go on the floor and then I crawl/hop along the side of the wall and floor sticking my tongue out like a lizard.  However, sometimes I can get Mommy or Uncle Gogo to play.  Then, they pick me up and I get to climb the wall just like a lizard. 





Today I am a penguin.  I stand very straight with my legs together and my arms straight beside me.  And, then.....I do a penguin walk that Mommy and Uncle Gogo showed me.  Everything stay straight and I waddle back and forth....but only for a minute or two....then I start laughing hysterically.  I try to hold out....really I do, but it's SO FUNNY! 



Tomorrow I can't decide what I will be.  Maybe more of the lizard as this is my favorite animal to immitate.  Or maybe....hmmmmm......a baboon.  Mommy already has been telling me for a year now that I'm her mischevious monkey....I'm just trying to live up to expectations.

No comments: