Saturday, January 30, 2010

Swimming with David and Arnold

Today was quite a day.  I really didn't feel like behaving today and I knew that my Mommy would give me a bit more leeway than usual.  This is because Arnold and David came for a visit today.  I really have such fun with them and already I look up to them and idolize them.  I think they are just sooo cool.  It's nice that they also get along with each other very well.  Even though we are 8, 6, and 2 we all can spend a fun afternoon handing out together without any problems at all. 

Today we picked them up and headed to Kigongoni Lodge for lunch and swimming. It's very close to their house....so it was easy.  We ate some lunch and then got right to the swimming.  Arnold and David really want to swim and are learning, but they are still a little afraid of the water and the deep end.  They really spent a lot of their day lurking around the edges of the pool, but they really wanted to be there and try!  There was a nice Dutch group of tourists staying there and they played with us.  There was a Winnie the Pooh Beach Ball that we all spent an hour or so batting around in the pool.  David made good friends with the Dutch David and the Dutch David helped him with swimming, even taking him into the deep end.  It was nice to see David being brave and to see this very nice group of people taking such interest in us kids. 

David and Arnold had brought along a lot of tools to help them swim like floaties and the intertube.  I have floaties but they have a big shark painted on them with teeth and I'm kinda scared to put my arm into the sharks mouth.  But, I LOVED the intertube.  I was almost comfortable enough in it, to swim completely on my own (almost but not quite).  After a very busy and loooonnnnnggggg afternoon swimming, we wer all tired out.  Mommy asked the boys if they wanted to go home but they were having fun.  I'm so glad!  So, we went back to our house to watch 101 Dalmations together.  My brothers REALLY like Disney movies.  I get kinda bored watching it, but they were enthralled by all those puppies.  Uncle Gogo made us popcorn and peanut butter sandwiches and milk to snack on while we watched.  How fun!  I can't wait for our next outing with Arnold and David.  I'm so glad that they are MY big brothers!

No comments: