Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Developments

I just thought it a good day to record the new things I'm doing. 

I'm talking up a storm.  Sentences are now being used.  I have graduated from simply yelling no when I don't want something or Shei Shei is bothering me or Mommy is asking if I have to go potty, to (most of the time) quietly and politely saying 'no thank you'.  People are impressed with my good manners. 

I really have never been a big fan of puzzles or stack toys etc....they frustrate me very easily.  However, I really love to play make believe games and spend much of my day doing that.  I take any bag I can fnd and pretend it is a purse like Mommy has, put it on my arm and say 'goodbye Mommy....work' and then go to my toy truck or my rocking horse and ride off into the sunset to work.  I show my dolly how to potty on the potty chair, eat from the high chair and drive cars all day long.  I like to drink tea with anyone who is willing.  I fly on airplanes and go on safaris to visit the monkeys and elalas regularly.  My life is filled with make believe drama and I love it. 

I had some set backs on my potty training in December due to the amount of travel.  It became hard for me to remember when to ask to go potty and when we were on a road trip and I had a diaper on.  It was too confusing and I had a lot of accidents when we returned home. This week, with our routines back in place and a bit of normal life again....I'm doing much better.  An accident every few days or so....but generally I can remember and hold it.  I really love pooping in the potty chair and talk a lot TO my poop...."goodbye poop.  Thank you poop.  Sorry popp."  You get it.  Mommy sits with me in the bathroom when I go potty and we can have 5 minute conversations regarding my poop.  When Uncle Gogo hears them from the living room, he shouts, "too much information."  He is a party pooper!  Get it??


I can count to 10 and know many of my colors, blue, orange, red etc.  I sort of sing the ABC song, though the letters between E and V are sort of hit and miss.  But, I LOVE ABCandD and WXYZ are big winners as well. 

Mommy had my hair cut again today.  She took me to a special salon where they don't use buzz clippers.  Those things freak me out and take way too much hair off.  My hair is a bit short, but basically the cut came out well and Mommy was pleased.  I was still nervous in the chair though.  Mommy sat me down and the lady put the towel around my neck and I started to cry.  Mommy said, "Aki, don't you want to get your hair cut?" and I, in my most quiet and polite little voice said, "No thank you Mama".  That usually works for me....but she made me get my hair cut anyway....what went wrong???

1 comment:

Angela said...

This post is adorable!! I love it.