Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Seattle bound

Seattle holds a special place in my mommy's heart and in our families tradition.  My Bada and Grandad grew up there and we have lots of extended family and friends there.  Mommy spent a good portion of her childhood in Seattle....every summer for a few months and many many Christmas celebrations. 

Mommy really wanted Clara Shei and I to experience the specialness of this great city.  So, we packed up the car and went on a road trip to see our friends for new years eve! 

We got in very late last night and stayed at some friends home who are gone for the next few days.  Bada came with us and is going to see her sister and family while we visit our friends.  Today though, she explored with us.  We went to Kirkland where she lived in the house my great grandfather built for much of her childhood.  Mommy drove us by the house and then to all the fun sites of Kirkland.  She took us to Wendy's for our first frosty (even though it was about 20 degrees and FREEZING outside).  Mommy used to go to that restaurant with her Grandma when she was a little girl.  It has been a few various names and restaurants but the building has remained as has my mommy's great memories.  I loved going there with my grandma (my Bada) and my Mommy....and especially I loved my first frosty.

After we headed out to feed the ducks at the lake.  Mommy also has done that almost every single day that she spent in Seattle since she was a little girl.  She told me about the time the geese attacked her and she cried and had to be rescued by her dad when she was a little girl.  There were no geese this time, but the seagulls did try to steal the bread from the ducks.  I did NOT appreciate it.  I had so much fun today at the lake.  Mommy promised we would do it again before we leave Seattle. 

After that....we went to the Bellvue mall.  Mommy and Bada shopped and bought me TWO new hats.  I was starting to feel pretty sick though...so we thought we had better head back home for the night.  We got back to the house and I took some medicine (mommy was pretty sure I had a fever and I was REALLY tired and lethargic) and I headed to bed.  Don't worry though....I won't let a little cough and cold slow me down....it's SEATTLE BABY!!



No comments: