Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gotcha!

Today is a very very special day for Mommy and I.  We celebrate our 'Gotcha Day' which in adoptive family life is the day that my Mommy came and 'got' me.  Today, Mommy took me out for a special day just the two of us. We went to the Oakland zoo (one of my favorite places) for our day.  We also went to Chipolte for lunch (did you know by now..it's my FAVORITE place to eat) and had a family dinner tonight to celebrate the day when two years ago, my Mommy brought me home to be a forever family with her. 

I remember the morning.  She took an hour off work to come with my bio mom, Mama Lillian so that we could take photos and Mama Lillian and I could spend time together.  Mama Lillian was pretty sick and had to lie down most of the time, but still we got some photos all together and Mama Lillian was really glad to have the time together.

Then, Mommy had to go back to work and around 4pm, she came back to the orphanage, driving a very big landrover (she was borrowing Aiden's car seat while he was home in Canada for the Christmas holiday....after Christmas he and his family brought a new carseat back for me to use) and she picked me up. It was VERY hot that day and the landrover had no air conditioning and we got stuck in traffic going home.  I cried because I was hot and Mommy got very distressed and cried too!  But, then we got home....and we got take out from the Impala indian restaurant (the start of a very good tradition) and had a very fun night.  And, from that began a family!  I'm so so glad my Mommy came and now we have a fun time, looking at each other and pointing and saying, "Gotcha Gotcha Gotcha!" 






THEN
December 1, 2008


NOW
December 1, 2010

No comments: