Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Santa's Big Night

Everyone is so excited about Christmas....but let's face it....the main event is the fact that SANTA will be flying tonight.  I am ALL ABOUT Santa.  I have read and read and read about this guy.  I have asked questions and explained in depth the process to my mommy.  I might even consider myself a 3 year old expert on the man at this point. 

Well, before we get to the reindeers flying and the portly man himself stuffing himself down the chimney....there are a few other Christmas eve events. 

First...Mommy always takes me and Clara Shei out for a special Christmas Even lunch.  It was quite an event.  She wanted to go to Indian, but I won out and we went to La Tapatia mexican food!  Yummy!!!!  It was a perfectly fine lunch, though Clara Shei was her normally cranky-two-year-old self.  The problem came when the balloons came.  Let me preface this by saying that my Mommy HATES balloons.  I have heard her say that they must be the invention of the devil himself.  She gets really frustrated when we go places and they immediately hand out balloons, stickers, crayons etc.  We like them a lot....but I will admit that they do cause quite a stir at times.  Inevitabely my sister will make a fuss (IT WOULD NEVER BE ME, I"M AN ANGEL).  We will argue over who gets what color or a sticker will get ripped or lost, or a balloon will be let go of and rise slowly and dramatically in the air to the sounds of hysterical screaming.  You know....all the FUN times.  I don't get why my mommy cringes in such pain when she sees a waitress coming at us with balloons or some other fabulous activity, but somehow....she's not a fan.

In any case, when the balloons came, there was a bit of upset with who gets which one and why she made us tie them on to the chairs rather than hold them while we ate....and for some silly reason, she was not a fan of me trying to bang the balloon into the plates of food on the table.  I just don't know what the problem was...it's Christmas eve for heavens sake. 

In any case....I will admit....in the midst of the balloon craziness I got my boots stuck in the slates of the chair and when it was time to go....I was stuck.  And.....well....I through a bit of a screaming fit in the middle of the restaurant.  Mommy was mortified.  I know because she told me so....using that word extensively in the car after the episode.  Well....she was sure angry with both Clara Shei and I.  I just listened and listened and listened.  When she was finished yelling....I waited a moment.  And then, I said in my most sincere voice ever, "Mommy....I'm sorry.  I'm going to smile now, knowing tomorrow will be a better day".  Well.....Mommy immediately melted.  I saw it in her face in the rear view mirror.  She had no response.  So she thanked me for my apology and said we would just leave the whole episode back in the restaurant.  Whew....I dodged a big bullet there. 

The evening of Christmas eve is set aside for family.  We hung out at home with Bada and the whole family and ate our traiditional Christmas enchiladas.  And, then....we headed on to Christmas eve church service.  We sang my favorite Christmas carol (I call it the King song), Joy to the World.  And, the whole church lights candles to sing Silent Night.  Again, however, Clara Shei and I were just too excited about the holiday spirit and got out of control at church.  So...when we came home I had to write a special note to Santa to go with his tea and cookies to apologize for my bad behavior at church and hope he might overlook my transgretion.  I really am a pretty good boy most of the time.  I just get a little crazy when my routine gets upset or there is too much stimulation.  Let' hope Santa will excuse me today.  I'm just SOO excited about tomorow.  Good luck Santa.....dont get stuck in any chimneys....we need you!



No comments: