Thursday, November 19, 2009

"My Little Thing is Planting Trees"

In the words of Wangari Mathai, planting trees might seem like a small achievement, but it is a mighty task indeed.  Mommy told me all about how important it is to take care of our earth today and how much we need trees to keep our environment strong and healthy. 

So, we had some small seedlings that we got at the Christmas fair this past weekend, two jacaranda trees and a fern.  We spent some time this afternoon with Mommy, Uncle Gogo and David (our fabulous, green thumbed gardener, friend and all around great guy) and we planted trees.  I had so much fun.  Mostly I loved the part where you get to scoop dirt into the hole to pack in the little tree to the ground.  OK....I'm gonna be honest.  I don't like calmly scooping the dirt into the hole as much as I like picking it up and throwing it into the air. 




In any case, how can you go wrong....playing with dirt and making the world a better place to live.  It was a great afternoon!




No comments: