Friday, April 17, 2009

When it Rains it Pours

My Gosh....what a day. To be clear, I had a great day, but the rest of my family seems to have had a rough one. Mommy got a migraine last night and was up at 4am this morning because her head hurt so badly. I would guess the combination of jet lag and altitude change does it to her every time. In fact, she mentioned today that every time she flies into Arusha she gets a 3 day migraine.

Well, she went to work anyway, but her computer crashed completely and she thinks she has lost all of the work of the past 6 months. So, she decided to come home and by 10:30 she was home! I was so excited to see her, thinking that we would play all day, but instead she slept trying to get rid of her migraine. It didn't work!

She did try to play with me for a few hours today, but it mostly consisted of her lying on the couch while I climbed around on her. But we sang a few songs and I got a couple of good kicks to her head in (I'm sure that totally helped her migraine situation).

Then, after my bath and as we were getting me all lotioned up and into my pjs for story time and bed, Mommy and Uncle Topher noticed it. Water seeping out of the floor....leading to the water heater closet. You can imagine what we found when we opened it.....a LOT of water. So, Mommy and Uncle Topher got up as much water as possible and turned off the water. Uncle Topher found an important part floating around in the water, so it is not looking too good! I'll give you the update tomorrow.

For tonight, I'm headed to bed and so is the rest of the family...hopefully tomorrow will be better day!

No comments: