Saturday, April 25, 2009

A day in the life of Saturdays


I love weekend days, and I can tell right away when it is one. First off....Mommy is just a few minutes slower in getting into my room to wake me up. Luckily, I'm not particularly impatient in the morning and am generally happy to sit in my crib and play with my dolly and Ella until she comes to get me. Then, the morning talk with Bestamom lasts a little longer and Mommy isn't always incessantly trying to figure out what time it is to stay on track. Then, we don't usually wake up Uncle Topher on a weekend day, but Mommy and I have play time for ourselves for an hour or so, before she goes out to the guest room outside to get him up and going. And, I usually don't get dressed in the morning, but I stay playing in my PJs until my morning nap is over.

Today was no different, that was the routine. Then, in the afternoon we went out for a bit of lunch and to buy some new African music that Mommy was certain I would love to dance to. She was not mistaken, I spent my afternoon dancing around the room with Mommy to the African beats. I am a GOOD dancer, if I do say so myself. Uncle Topher won't dance and only comes into the room to look at us in disdain everyonce in a while mumbling something about what a bizarre family he has before retreating to another room. How sad for him....Mommy and I have the best time dancing together. And, African music has some mad beats.


No comments: