Monday, April 20, 2009

My first Sentence

Today was the day I decided to bust out and shock Mommy. I knew I had it in me, but Mommy was pretty excited and impressed.
So, we went out to Cradle of Love orphanage today at lunch to visit the kids and play a bit. It's been a while since we've been there and the kids are changing all the time. Clinton, who was just a baby a few months ago is taking his first steps...and crawling all over the place. He is also attacking all the other kids there. Mommy was a bit afraid to leave as she wasn't sure she wanted Clinton attacking some of her favorite kids, like little Violet who is just a baby and can't defend themselves. Clinton is just going up to the babies and biting their faces....he drew blood today! Geeze!!! Anyway....this story is NOT about Clinton.

Well, while we were there, I was on my best big-boy behavior and helped Mommy out a lot. She was very proud of me and on the way home she was telling me how proud she was of me and how big I was, and then she said, "Akira, I love you". And, I just couldn't help myself....I had to make her even more proud, so I said, "I love you". Geeze, I think Mommy just about drove off the road she was so excited. So, I said it again! Man....it's easy to get her all riled up. I guess if I'm going to do things like that, I should not do them when she is operating a moving vehicle though.

So, it's been quite a fun day at our house today. There has been lots of cheering. Not only because I'm using more and more big boy words all the time, and not only because I said my first big sentence today....but also because I am chewing my food now.

Yes, that's right....I'm a lazy eater. I just hate to use my pearly whites unless I absolutely have to. I'd rather Mommy and Uncle Gogo put it in the blender so I don't have to chew. Well, Mommy is getting a bit worried about this approach and so, sadly, she has a new rule: No chewing....No eating. And, she is tough.....apples, nuts....all the tough stuff! But, I figured, if I want to keep up this big belly I've obtained, I better keep eating....so chewing it is! Mommy is proud of all my achievements, and what the heck, I sure love to make her happy.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Great post - what a great day!! Aki you are just getting cuter and cuter, and you couldn't have picked a sweeter first sentence.