Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just another day....no power, no hot water

It's Thursday....so I did normal Thursday things. I played outside in the garden (where I helped to do a little sweeping). I played some ball with Mommy while Uncle Gogo and Twiga played rough and tumble football outside. Basically I had fun.


Tonight was a bit more difficult. Poor Mommy, she is having a tough time. The water heater here flooded a week or so ago, and the landlord delivered a new one to be put in. Only it's about half the size and holds about half as much water as the old one. She can't get a warm shower anymore....it last for about 3 minutes and then turns cold. And, this is after heating the water for an hour and a half (here you have to get up before you want your shower in the morning to turn on the water heater....they do not self regulate). So, Mommy is now waking up VERY early to heat her luke warm water that lasts about 3 minutes....and each morning when she comes out of her shower the last few days she is kinda grumpy. Then, tonight the power went off just as we were about to get my bath ready. Now this is very common here in the evenings....the power goes off a few times a week....sometimes for an hour and sometimes for 12 hours, you just never know. I take a lot of bath by candlelight. I don't mind. But, Mommy and Uncle Gogo couldn't get the water to come out of the faucet. It seems that without the power to turn on the water pressure button, there is absolutely no way that the water heater has the gravity on its side to push that water out of the faucet. Tonight, therefore, Mommy and Uncle Gogo had to heat up pans of water and pour them into my bath. Mommy really wishes she had her old water heater back ;(

No comments: