Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our First Anniversary


One year ago today, Mommy got me up very early on a rainy morning, got me dressed in my cutest outfit with my jacket from Bada and she and I set out to meet Jeremiah, our lawyer and friend, at the courthouse steps.  We picked up my biological mom, Lillian, along the way and we all drove to the High Court in Arusha.  We waited and waited outside the judges chamber and finally, we were all called in to Judge Sambo's courtroom.  Mr Panga was there and we quickly went through the report of Panga and Judge Sambo gave the order.  I was officially named Akira Topher Bowman and legally became my Mommy's son.  Everyone was very happy and then we all went out to lunch to celebrate at Blue Heron.  Later, the whole family had dinner together at our favorite Indian restaurant at the Impala Hotel. 

This year is much less stressful for my Mommy.  We went out to lunch, just Mommy and me.  And, we played at the playground, and then we had milkshakes at Burger King, and tonight the whole family enjoyed some play time at the local mall where Shei Shei and I could run around and practice our summersaults. 

I love my life, my family (my whole family, biological and adoptive) and my Mommy.  Today we are so grateful to everyone in Arusha who supported and loved me enough to help me find my forever family.  We are forever indebted to our friend Jeremiah, who turned out to be the most loyal, hard working and good man and lawyer we could have ever hoped for....to all our friends, especially Linda, Kyle and Aiden who supported us and cheered for us every step of the way.....and to Lillian, my biological mother, who despite her very hard life, made such good choices for me from even before I was born and who acted with such love and selflessness for my best interest always.  We love you all. 



And to my Mommy.....I love you Mom, happy anniversary!


3 comments:

Dorah said...

I always love your stories Aki and your family. Through your blog I feel like I know you!. You are inspiration to many kids especially those in Tanzania. I am a Tanzanian, from Arusha; and am so proud of your whole family. Your little sister Shei Shei is so cute.

Akira and Clara Shei said...

Thanks so much for reading Dorah. And, thanks for the nice compliment. Do you still live in Arusha? Some day maybe we can meet there when we return. Keep reading about me and I hope I will meet you someday.

Dorah said...

Hi Akira na Shei shei!, I live in Idaho, USA. Am sure we will be able to meet someday. I have a son who is a little bit older than you (he will be 3 in July). He knows there are "babies" in mama's computer who like swimming, playing, etc. We love reading your stories.
We will keep in touch.
have a great day

Dorah