Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My ellala bed....

Finally....after a long wait, a LOT of money and an amzing amount of logistical stress....all our belongings have made it through the Somali pirates, half way around the world on a boat and to San Francisco.  Of course, the problem is that we don't know where we are going to live. So, even though we have all our amazing stuff here with us, we can't get it out or put it up.  We kept it all packed up in those boxes that the packing men in Tanzania put them in and put all our brown cardboard boxes in a storage.  oh my.....how disappointing. 



Still we managed to get a few of our favorites out.  My big boy bed is too big to manage, so that has to stay in storage.  But, we were able to get the ellala crib.  It was originally mine, but when Shei Shei came home, I share my crib with her and moved into my big boy bed.  I'm back in my ellala crib now.  And I LOVE it.  In fact, I was so excited about going to sleep in my ellala bed tonight that I cut reading time (which I LOVE) short tonight just to get into that bed.  Then, Mommy started in with prayers.  Usually she starts the prayer with, "Dear God" and then I come up with the general subject matters that I want to talk to God about that night, and Mommy fills them out into sentences for God to understand.  Except....tonight, she said, "Dear God" and I said, "A-Men".  Then, I jumped down and ran for my ellala crib!  Yay!!!!


No comments: