Monday, June 21, 2010

The County Fair

It was a family affair today....we spent the day together at the county fair.  It was my first time.  It will not be my last.

I visited many animals, rabbits, cows, sheep, goats, turkeys, pigs....if there is a farm animal, I saw it today.  We saw a few demonstrations featuring waterless cooking ware, and pondered the art of table setting and why one tea set gets a 4th place and other gets a second.  We just couldn't find the logic. 

We saw pig races, visisted a petting zoo with a kangaroo and a llama, and milked an imaginary cow.  What a day! 

The grown ups ate some yummy looking food like cheese on a stick, cinnamon rolls and lemonade.  However, mommy packed kids lunches full of healthy peanutbutter and mango/bannana sandwiches, soybeans and blueberrys.  I can't complain though.....I loved our lunch. 

I made friends everwhere I went today....from the grown ups I sat next to during the pig races - strangers I held hands with and petted much to their surprise, to the lady sweeping the barn yard who's bum I spontaneously turned around and kissed as we walked past, I was full of fun and socially awkward moves.  I like to keep my Mommy on her feet. 

I also walked through the halls saying, 'peace my people' (which sounds like I think I'm the next messiah, but really comes from a book I love to read about Wangari Matthai, the Noble Peace Prize winning environmentalist who teaches her people to plant trees and tells them, 'peace my people.')

 And, I tried talking to many strangers....here is an example, "hi lady....Lady......excuse me LADY...why won't that lady talk to me....LADY, excuse me.....etc".  hmmmm.....Mommy looked a little mortified, I don't really get what her problem was, but Shei Shei must have been doing something embarassing while I was trying to talk to the lady. 



All in all, we had a geat day!  Happy Fair Days!

No comments: