Friday, June 11, 2010

Music...

MAKES MY WORLD GO ROUND


Now most kids like music and have fun dancing.  But....I REALLY LOVE it and music is an essential part of my daily life.  Mommy likes to listen to a lot of different kinds of music, and I have my favorites as well.

I love Bach and Chopin.

I love Zanzibari music (swahili with an arabic twist)

I love Swahili music.

I love French music (especially Edith Pilaf and Carla Bruni)

I love the sounds of Abba as heard on Mama Mia. 

I love songs from Mary Poppins (especially A Spoon Full of Sugar).

And, I love Masai music, as I do all things Masai.

This is just a sampling of my eclectic, yet highly refined music sensibility.  When I want a specific type of music, I will call out to Mommy, "I want French" or "Mama Mia please" or "Mommy classical please".  She is very happy that I am learning so many different types of music, but sometimes I get the feeling she wants to blow her brains out after the 30th rendition of Dancing Queen or her favorite, the chanting of the masai celebrations. No, it doesn't drive my mommy crazy at all.  She forgives me since I still love 'American Boy' by Estelle and Kanye West the best, or maybe that's her? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute and what a great early learning of the arts he has. You are such an inspiration to myself and my husband who just put in our application to adopt.

vanpeltium said...

Can't wait til you come to visit! Caden would love to share his drumset and keyboard. If your Mom is lucky, you will learn We Will Rock You, so you can sing it all day everyday, just like Cade. :)