Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Twiga and Kobe

Twiga is Mommy's doggy.  She was here before we were and both she and Mommy are certain that she is the first baby of the family.  Man, what a spoiled dog she is.  But, the great thing about Twiga is that even though she is prissy around the house and has about 20 dog beds devoted to her, including a raised dog bed made for her to match the living room couches and a 'cooler' bed which is filled with water like a water bed for her to sleep on if she gets too hot, she is also a WILD dog.  One phrase I often run around the house proclaiming is, "Twiga CRAZY, Twiga CRAZY". 

Kobe is our new puppy.  She is Tausi's puppy dog.  I LOVE Kobe because he is a kid just like me.  He's clumsy and crazy and is always up for playing.  Twiga sometimes wants to rest and be left alone, but not Kobe, he ALWAYS wants to play.  (By the way, Twiga means Giraffe in swahili, Kobe means Turtle in Swahili and Tausi means peacock....don't ask me, Mommy picks the names, not me). 

It's been such warm weather here that we are spending much of our day outside running in the grass and playing in the shade.  Twiga and Kobe often join us.  Twiga does NOT like poor Tausi, but she and Kobe are good friends.  Mommy seems so relieved.  I guess Twiga has never gotten on with any dog before and she is happy that Twiga finally has found a friend.  I'm just happy to play with Kobe and Twiga!  Twiga is so good at being playful with me.  She usually doesn't let any adult take the ball from her and she growls if any adult comes near.  But, with me....if she sees me coming she lets me take that ball right away from her and waits till I throw it and then runs after it.  She is really gentle with me and seems to know how to be a good player with kids.  These are the reasons that we love this doggy so much!

No comments: