Sunday, February 7, 2010

sickies unite!

All weekend, on and off, I've had a fever spiking.  It seems to go from normal all the way up to 103 and then back again.  I don't feel very bad and still am enjoying playing.  But, my appetite is a little low and I have some diarrea.  (Mommy tells me that's inappropriate to discuss in most societies in Europe and North America, but here in East Africa you discuss these very details with strangers at parties whose last names you don't know.  These sorts of  problems and the diaseases that are associate with these symptoms are so very common here that they are general topics of discussion, like, 'I have a sore throat' or 'this cough just won't go away' is in North America). 

David and Arnold came to play today and poor David does have a sore throat...and a fever.  Mommy gave both of us some medicine to help bring our fevers down.  Mommy says if its not better by tomorrow she is insisting on seeing a doctor.  The pediatrician here isn't concerned about my temperature (understandable....he sees a gazillion things worse, every day, than 103 temp), but Mommy figures that her concern is ME, and she doesn't like this 103 temperature at ALL....so come Monday someones taking a look at me! 

So, for today.....we skipped church in the morning to give me some extra sleep time, and when David and Arnold came, we played inside.  We had some lunch, watched some movies, read some books, made some drawings, played in the bubbles and then with my toys and in general just hung out.  I ALWAYS have fun hanging with my big brothers.  I'm a typical little brother....always trying to be in their faces when they are watching a movie, always trying to draw on their sheet of paper when they have the perfect drawing all charted out.  But, it's only cause I love them! 

No comments: