Friday, February 5, 2010

MY Robi

Well, we weren't supposed to be going to Nairobi anymore, but then, all the sudden we had to go.  I have changed the name of the city from Nairobi to Myrobi.  I figure I've been enough it's MY city, MYrobi!

Anyway, Mommy had an appointment at the US Embassy in Nairobi for our immigration visas.  So, we drove quickly over to Nairobi (you just can't trust any sort of mail carrier here, Fedex is a joke, DSL the same...and let's not even begin to talk about the government postal service.  So, it's hand delivery for us. 

We didn't have much time, but we managed to get in a couple of good swims at the rooftop pool of our hotel (the Stanley Hotel....its the only way to go).  I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night on thursday so I went down to the lobby so as to not wake all the other guests...and I proceeded to charm the pants off of the entire night hotel staff....going into the back kitchen with the staff and getting all sorts of goodies, going to the special elevator with the hotel manager.  hmmmmm.....not the best incentive to behave myself next time.  So, if I scream my head off in the room and behave very badly, I get to spend the next 2 hours with 20 people fawning all over me and giving me food and elevator rides.  I think I've got it made! 

No comments: