Tuesday, December 1, 2009

One Year!

One year ago today....I came to live with my forever Mommy and began the journey to my forever family.  We were all so happy today thinking back over the past year.  We made it a fun day.  A lunch playdate with Mommy and her friend Madeliene and Declan (who's birthday was today...he just turned 4).  After lunch the whole family went to the pool at Ilboru Lodge for a swimming afternoon. 

For dinner we went out to Impala Indian food.  It's my favorite restaurant...and I know the waitress, Vicky.  Mommy and I went to Impala on this very night one year ago to get takeout and bring it home, on the way home from the orphanage.  Vicky was working that night a year ago and it was the first time she met me.  So, it was fun to be back a year later.

Sadly today was rough for Jenny.....who came down with typhoid.  So...Mommy spent the day running back and forth between the clinic where Jenny was getting treated and tested and trying to make my day fun.  The clinic was backed up a lot today, so Mommy first took Jenny in there at 10 am, but Jenny wasn't seen by a doctor until about 3:30 and didn't get to leave the clinic until about 6.  LONG day.  But, Jenny has her medicine and having typhoid or malaria here is kinda like having a cold in America....so she'll be fine. 

Mostly I'm so glad to have a forever family that loves me so much! 






No comments: