Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Christmas Carol

Tonight, the family went to the Arusha Community Church which was holding a special evening service of Christmas carols.  Mommy says it was like the Christmas Eve services that she is used to going to in the US, only its a few days earlier here. 

It was a bit difficult for me to sit quietly through the whole service and I was overly excited by the lighting of the candles.  At one point Mommy was afraid I might burn the church down.  But, I had a fun time, and I ALWAYS love music, so when people were singing, I tried to sing along, even though I didn't know the words, and I did a little dancing as well. 

And, we saw some of our favorite people there....Sister Sheila was there, who helped us with our home study, and Davona, the Director of Cradle of Love and her husband Max, and Maria were there, and Mommy's friend Madeline and her family was there.  It was nice to feel like we were in a community and to remember the importance of peace.  I learned how to say peace to people....as 'peace be with you' was a bit of  mouthful for me to say to people that I don't even know...but 'peace' seemed to be an acheivable goal for me. 

The sermon tonight was a little tough to follow (as I was a squirmy fellow), but it seemed to be about making room in our lives for people....and it made me think how our family has been built this year, we have all had to make room in our lives for each other, and we are a whole lot better for it, so that sermon guy might be on to something.  I'll have to rememer to make room in my life for people.




So far....I'm loving everything about this Christmas thing.  Merry Christmas to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aki and the family.
I used to visit your website and appreciate your stories and life in general. You have a very beloved family. Your parents are very generously!.
Wishing you a Merry Xmas and Happy New year

Dorah from Idaho-USA
NB: I am a Tanzanian who lived in USA. I love your website very much. A friend introduce me to that and since then, am a regular visitor

Akira and Clara Shei said...

Dear Dorah, thank you so much for leaving a note. It's so nice that you are reading about our lives and keeping up with us. We hope you are having a wonderful holiday in the States. We are celebrating in your home country for you! ;-) Merry Christmas and thanks for leaving a note and introducing yourself.