Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa's Coming

Tonight was Christmas eve.  Usually we would be going to a Christmas eve church service tonight, but there was not one to be found here, so we had our Christmas eve service a few nights ago at the Christmas Carole event


Instead, tonight we had a family evening at home.  Mommy tells me that usually, back in CA the family would make enchiladas and mexican treats and have dinner all together at home before going to a midnight church service.  So, here, we made enchiladas and bean dip with guacomole and salsa and chips.  It was YUMMY.  On top of that, Mommy let us eat it in the living room around the coffee table while we watched the coolest movie.  It's called the Polar Express, about a little boy who goes to the North Pole and finds Santa.  I think that is so cool as I'm learning all about Santa right now. 


After the movie, we put a plate of cookies and a piping hot cup of tea out for Santa Claus, Mommy read me my two favorite Christmas stories that we've been reading non-stop for the past 3 weeks, and then I quickly headed off to bed.  Mommy told me it's important to get to sleep early, otherwise, if Santa sees that I'm awake when he is flying in our neighborhood, he might just skip our house.

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see what has happened overnight.  I sure hope Santa makes it to our house tonight. 

Here's hoping!!!!

No comments: