Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo....

...at the Zoo!

We spent our Halloween Day at the Oakland Zoo's celebration of all things creepy crawly and Halloween inspired.  We participated in a costume parade, saw animals and visited especially the elephants and giraffes.  I wanted to climb right in with the giraffes and a giraffe came right up to talk to me, just as if he recognized me.  I think I could have climbed in and fit right in!

Afer our afternoon at the zoo, we went on to Walnut Creek Center where they were having trick-or-treating.  Clara Shei and I have never been trick-or-treating before.  It was sure fun.  It took me a while to get the hang of it.  I couldn't figure out when to say trick-or-treat or when to say thank you.  I'm still not sure I get how to use trick-or-treat.  I just go up to anyone and say it, but I don't expect candy or anything.  I just say it.  Like "Merry Chistmas", I figure this is how you greet people at Halloween time.  I kept saying it to everyone, like the people in the coffee shop waiting for their coffee.  Mommy kept apologizing for me as people said stuff like, "oh honey, I wish I had candy for you right now".  I don't really get what is wrong with everyone...I mean, not that I would turn down candy or anything at any time....but I am just trying to be polite.  What's with everyone??

Tonight, we went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.  By now, I had the schtick down.  I'll be an expert trick-or-treater...don't you worry.  I've got the perfect mix of polite manners, cute looks and persistence.

And...I'm a giraffe.  It doesn't get better than this.  Happy Halloween!









1 comment:

bradi said...

Trick or treat! I love giraffes especially ones as adorable as Aki. Oh my! You two are the sweetest little kids in town. Hooray for Halloween!