Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween on Piedmont Street

It is a day before Halloween, but today was a day of spooky fun!



We headed out to Piedmont Street to join in all the Halloween fun. There was a haunted house. Mommy thought for sure I'd be too scared to go in. BUT...I asked her to come with me and hold my hand...and I went all the way through and was such a big boy...she was so proud of me.

Then we headed to the cemetary where there was so much Halloween fun to be had. Bouncy houses, hay stack mazes, cookies and lemonade (just one for each of us, Mommy is so strict) and face painting. SO MUCH FUN!

Tonight there was more Halloween fun. We had spider soup for dinner. I was really worried for a while about what that meant, and when I pulled out a piece of something, Mommy told me I must have gotten a spider leg and I got very very uncomfortable. She had to quickly tell me she was just kidding and I was not eating spiders in my soup but just tomatos, pumpkin, and onion in coconut milk. Whew! She made it look spidery by drizzling sour cream on the top in a shape of a spider web (she got the idea from her crafty friend Sharla...thanks Shar...can't wait to meet you. I hear you are a very crafty lady and my mommy is....well....not!). But, she made us spidery soup tonight and she carved her pumpkin too. She made a cat! All in all....a very fun day-before-Halloween. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

















No comments: