Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A year ago today

I remember that day.  My Mommy was quite frantic and running around doing all kinds of errands with lawyers and stuff.  Then, in the afternoon, she came to get me and Uncle Gogo and we all drove out to Cradle of Love. Shei Shei came home with us that day.  I was soo interested in her and wanted to play but Mommy wouldn't let me do too much with her.  She was very little and we got her right to the doctor who seemed very concerned about her.  Even though she was 6 months old, she was only 3.5 kilos and couldn't hold her head up.  She spit up everything Mommy tried to put down her and what didn't come out that way, came out a different, even more disgusting way.  Mommy looked like she was trying to be excited about this homecoming, but was sort of freaking out and on the verge of tears. 

A year later, we've all come along way.  Both our adoptions have been finalized, we've been admitted to the US and are living here now getting used to our American ways.  I sometimes miss Africa and the people we love there and I tell my Mommy so.  I think she misses it sometimes too and I know she misses the people that we love there.  But, today, was a day to celebrate how far we've come and how happy we are NOW that Shei Shei is in our family. 

Today she is doing soooo much more than a year ago.  She is walking, she understands everything and has become an excellent partner in crime.  So, today, during the day, we went to Tilman park, a park in Berkeley where they have so many fun things to do for kids.  We went to the nature center and learned all about nature and the park area and the animals that live there.  And, we saw a working farm with all the animals and got to pet them a feed them as well. 

Tonight was cinco de mayo and so we went out for dinner with the whole family.  Shei Shei and I love bean burritos.  Mommy was really hoping we would, we didn't try them in Arusha as there really aren't any there.  But, Mommy LOVES mexican food and was really hoping that we would too.  And we do! 



Well, Happy Shei Shei de Mayo everyone!  Hope yours was as fun a celebration as our was.

No comments: